Knead Your Way into Wellness —Learn How Massage Therapy Positively Influences Your Mental Health
Whether you are a busy, working parent, an overworked professional or a young student, don’t you often wish you had more than 24 hours to complete the various tasks that you pack into each day? While leading a hectic lifestyle, you are always trying to achieve the perfect balance between earning a livelihood, parenting, maintaining your home and health, and a host of other chores.
Though the day-to-day pressures and irritants are unavoidable, every person handles stress differently. At times, however, this manifests into problems such as anxiety, depression, attention deficit, sleep deprivation or other physical ailments, aches and pains that are triggered by high levels of stress.
At such times, instead of popping pills, why not rely on natural therapy that has the power to reduce stress, promote sleep, and provide higher emotional stability to tackle one day after another. Massage therapy not only alleviates physical pains, strains and injuries, but also positively impacts your overall mental wellness. Moreover, several medical researchers have compelling evidence to suggest that massage therapy can effectively complement psychotherapy in treating certain mental health conditions.
Your trusted massage therapists in Langley spell out the ways in which massages can positively impact your emotional health.
Top 5 Benefits of Massage Therapy for Enhanced Mental Well-being
1. Alleviates Stress and Anxiety: The number one stress trigger within our body is a hormone called cortisol. Massage therapy is known to increase the levels of serotonin and dopamine that act as feel-good neurotransmitters and reduce the levels of cortisol, thus helping in the reduction of stress and anxiety.
2. Reduces Insomnia: According to Statistics Canada, around 14% of Canadians over the age of 15 suffer from poor quality sleep. The kneading, squeezing, pinching, friction and other systematic strokes of a good quality massage are known to relax the mind and body and induce better quality sleep.
3. Fights Depression: Medical experts believe that the caring physical contact and releasing of tension from your muscles produce feelings of comfort and connection, reducing the symptoms of chronic depression. Some studies have also shown how massages help to ease out the pain and depression while undergoing treatment for illnesses such as cancer or AIDs.
4. Addresses Blood Pressure and Circulation Issues: Several research studies across the world have shown linkages of massage therapy in improved blood circulation and reduced high blood pressure. The strokes and pressure techniques used by a skilled massage therapist have the power to improve your breathing, regularize your heart beat and reduce your systolic and diastolic high blood pressure.
5. Prevents Stress-Induced Illnesses: In addition to increasing your overall emotional well-being, massages help in freeing up your mental and physiological resources to fight off potential illnesses and other life threatening diseases.
Ease Into a Healthy Mental State with Massage Therapy in Langley and Cloverdale
Whether you are battling any mental health issues or you just wish to knead out the stress, explore this tried and tested method that works on your mind and body in a scientific and systematic manner. Enhance your emotional wellness through a low-risk treatment that is relaxing and mood elevating, and usually does not cause any pain. Some types of massages are known to cause soreness the following day, but their benefits far outlast this minor discomfort.
At Clayton Heights Sports and Physiotherapy Center, we have several years of experience in serving the residents of Langley and Cloverdale. Our Registered Massage Therapists (RMTs) are highly skilled in many types of massage therapy that promotes physical and mental well-being. Our friendly team will work with you closely to customize your treatments and help you achieve an enhanced quality of life. We also offer a wide range of sports injury treatments and other services such as physiotherapy, acupuncture and chiropractic care.
Call us at 604.579.0105 to book an appointment or schedule a slot through our online booking service. We are open 7 days a week, so feel free to stop by our clinic in Langley or Cloverdale. If you are a new patient, please download and fill out this form and bring it with you to your first appointment.